You Cannot tell me this is not one of the best pictures you have ever seen. Cody gets dressed in the morning and does his own hair. For some reason, it usually resembles a mow hawk. Anyway, he was digging in the pantry when he was told not to, and I got this picture right as he turned around. This is one of my favorites.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Posted by Russ and Dana... at 8:47 AM
Friday, April 25, 2008
For those that don't know, our sweet daughter Rachel was born with hip dysplasia, where her hip sockets don't form correctly. She had a surgery and was cast for 3 months when she was almost 2 years old, and now, 3 years later, we just found out we're having another surgery in a week. Luckily, only being cast for 6 weeks this time...Our happy little girl is such a trooper...Last time she used to army crawl around the house, pull herself up and swivel her legs and walk along the couch...More will be done with this surgery and it will be more painful for her, but she is so excited and can't wait to go to Boise for her surgery and get her pink cast! Thank you to everyone who is already keeping her in your prayers.
Posted by Russ and Dana... at 4:57 PM
So, Dana's doing this post, so I can talk about a few important men in my life. This last weekend the Bishopric was changed in our ward. After 2 1/2 years living up here in Idaho with my Dad as my Bishop, he was released and my good husband was put in as a counselor in our new Bishopric. My kids have loved having Grandpa as their Bishop-it's been a good experience for all of us. And, they're excited to see Dad up on the stand now (we'll see how I feel about it in weeks to come:).
We had an amazing sacrament meeting and the spirit was so strong. But, I had such an amazing experience. As I looked up on the stand on one side of the pulpit and saw my dad emotional, and heard him bear his testimony, I felt sad and happy and excited for him, and I got emotional thinking of my love for him as a daughter...Then, as I looked to the other side of the pulpit and saw my husband very emotional and heard him bear his testimony, I felt happy and excited and nervous for him, and got emotional thinking of my love for him as a wife. I don't think I'll get to have an opportunity like that again with two men that I love so much both sitting on the stand.
How grateful I am for the Gospel and the blessings it brings. I am so grateful for the example of my husband and father in love and service...My life is blessed...
Posted by Russ and Dana... at 4:43 PM
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
So... interestingly enough, my sister has tagged me with this little questionnaire thing. I have never done one of these before, but Jen thought I wouldn't do it, so Bring it on...
Bring it Jen (my sister)… I’ve never done one of these before…
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Well, Payne came from my Grandpa Jones.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? What…?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I pretty much just type… I’m not sure if I can even write anymore.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yep.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure…I'm a good guy.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Define “a lot.”
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably not…too many lives depending on mine.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cinnamon LIFE.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yea.. I like my shoes tight when they are on, so they don’t come off otherwise. Plus, it is winter so I usually have some sort of boot on.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE MENTALLY STRONG? huh?…I’d say kind of.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Cookies and Cream,
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Are they nice…?.
15. RED OR PINK? Brown
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Huh…my gut.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST. My family…in AZ and IN.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue…no shoes…thermal socks?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Navajo tacos..
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Whatever is on Jen’s blog because I am responding to her.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Brown.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Kids after bath, dinner, camp fire. Football Grass...
24.Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? Jen, actually…Happy anniversary…
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? On occasion, just kidding… Sure love you Jen.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Whatever is in season… But College Football is by far the best.
27. HAIR COLOR? Brown…and receding. .
28. EYE COLOR? Hazel
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yep…wishing for Lasik.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Anything with red meat and seafood.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Neither…
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Ferngully…with the kids…not that good.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? grey
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? I am dying for summer…
35. HUGS OR KISSES? yep
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Dana’s brownies with vanilla ice cream
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Who knows
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure….
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? D Day by Stephen Ambrose.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? no mouse pad
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T. V. LAST NIGHT? Band of Brothers on YouTube...?
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Well, My kids yelling “Daddy” When I get home. I love the sound of a tree falling and hitting the ground after we cut them down. Football...
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Pink Floyd?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can split an apple in two with one hand using my thumb, but that really isn't a talent.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING? I am not sure if I want to send this to anyone.
Posted by Russ and Dana... at 8:13 AM